Promotion Improvements Hot
Some promotion enhancements would make promotions easier and more flexible to use:
- Aux table record capture when creating a snapshot should be definable on a per aux table basis
- Promotion profiles should be easier to copy when changing environments
- Global promotion should have option to skip updating all auxiliary tables
1. Currently there is an option to skip capturing all aux table records, but often an application will have several aux tables and it is desired to include the records in all except for maybe 1 or 2 aux tables
2. If you have a promotion profile configured and tested between your Dev and Staging environments, it should be possible to copy that promotion profile so that it is exactly the same for either Dev to Production or Staging to Production environment. Currently there is not a way to do this and that means there is really no way to test the promotion profile used for promoting to production.
3. Currently when you do a global promotion, you always get the structure of all aux tables with the promotion. If you are trying to back-populate users or groups from your production environment, this is not desirable at all. It would be very helpful to have an option for the global promotion to skip the structure (and data) update of all aux tables.
Please login to view any attachments.